Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Co-Op and County Junction

We visited a new homeschool co-op today and I think we finally have found one that will work for us. It was a beautiful day to be outside. The group met for a monthly organizational meeting while the kids played at the park. It seems like a good group of folks and I'm encouraged that it might be something we can fit into our schedule. We had tried one last year, but it just was too far and too rigid in their structure to work for our needs. This one is very family driven and full of opportunities for just about any interest one might come up with and be willing to plan. There is a good sized "senior" group which is essentially middle and high school age and tons of elementary students. I think I was told that there were about 35 families involved. That seems like a good size to me.

It was at this meeting that I was shocked and sadded to learn that Country Junction had burned down this morning. We were planning to go there and get our pumpkins again this year. It was such a cool place and I actually did several layouts of our trips there. We even bought our leather recliner there. It is totally gone and so sad. Many of the animals both outside and inside died. It's sad to know that the $1.00 hot dogs and free movies won't be there now... not too mention all the cool stuff there was to see just wandering around. It was the first and largest of the Country Junctions. I hope they do rebuild, but even so, I can't imagine it could be the same.

No comments: