Sunday, June 10, 2007

Home Today

I was on the schedule for the nursery this morning and actually made it to church... but, came back home. Earlier this week Quin's nose started running. He is getting more teeth (his canines... oh those are so fun :/) and allergies have been bad, so we just figured it was a combination of both things. Well, this morning he had a fever and the crusty yellow junk in his nose didn't look good. I took everyone in, got Tim's opinion on the matter and brought Quin back home. A sub was found for my nursery spot. He nearly fell asleep in the five minute drive so I just put him to bed. He slept for over two hours! Now I'm not sure if he'll take another nap later this afternoon (he normally only takes one after lunch) but he does seem to be feeling a bit better. Perhaps he was just worn out.

Tim and I started installing the floor upstairs yesterday. I now remember how frustrating putting in the first two rows are, but now that we are on our third row, it does seem to be going in easier. We had a later start due to some door frames that were still in need of more trimming, but at least we are on our way. What is down so far does look nice though :)

Hannah and I went and picked some strawberries last night after dinner. I got two batches of jam done last night and another two made this morning (when I wasn't at church). I've eaten a good amount already too. I love strawberries and fresh picked are just beyond good. Quin loves them too.

Today is the Pocono 500, so the trails are full and the traffic is heavy. I had planned to go to Kohl's and look for shoes for Hannah but had forgotten about all the traffic. It will likely wait until tomorrow night. The raceway is about 10 minutes from our house so this is a popular place for all the fans to stay. It wasn't too bad last night noise-wise. The Pennsylvania 500 (in July) is usually worse for fireworks (illegal here) and loud parties, but I'm still thankful for the quiet night.

We had what was supposed to be an IEP meeting for Jot on Friday. We actually were not able to have the meeting though due to so many changes necessary to the evaluation report. The actual IEP meeting was re-scheduled for Tuesday. I went into the meeting fearing it was going to be a huge argument, us vs. them, about services and needs for Jot. Granted, we are already at 80+ days of something that is to take no more than 60 days to complete, so I was primed for an argument. Nothing much was said about the late time, but we did manage to have some good discussions about Jot and his schooling. More thought on it is necessary before we can sign off on anything, but at least we made some progress. I'm still rather conflicted about the benefits of public school for our family and the benefits of homeschooling on the individual child. What is best for them and best for "us as a whole" seem to be different. All of it goes into our bucket of concerns and our prayers for guidance and wisdom. The issues this week with watching movies in school wasn't super encouraging either. Anyone that has seen The Princess Bride, please feel free to leave a comment as to the educational significance of this movie for a history class . The lack of reply to an email or return phone call sort of gets my back up too.

SO, in summary.... this week was full. Next week will be even more so (three doctors appointments, and IEP meeting and the last days of school), but our floor is going in :)

No comments: