Friday, July 20, 2007

Mid July Checking In

Well it is nearing the end of July and work on the house continues. I am happy to announce that all the room painting is done!! We have some touch up work in the family room and three doors to paint but the complete end of painting is so close I can see it. In the last three years Tim and I have nearly perfected our painting skills. Every room in this house has been painted and some twice. We've spackled and painted more in the last three years than I ever thought possible. And do you know what? I STILL don't like to paint. I love the look of fresh color on the walls but I really have gotten to the place of not liking the process. But, it's nearly done and that makes me very happy.

We have the floors to put in the laundry room and the bathroom.... purchased and ready to go. The heaters need to be put back in and one light needs to be installed. Our punch list is getting shorter and it is a good thing.

Tim and I are continuing our journey through the DVDs at the library and are into the second season of All Creatures Great and Small. We are enjoying them and have found ourselves wrapped up in the stories. A nice break from all the craziness of life.

Everyone is well here and for that I am quite thankful. We've gotten to the pool a few times and seem to be managing the summer for the most part. The annual baptism and church picnic was last weekend. Only one person was dunked this year, but it was a celebration none-the-less. The weather threatened to ruin the day, but it held off until the festivities were over.

Sorry, no pictures this time... I haven't spent any time downloading them yet :)

No comments: