Friday, June 23, 2006

Rained Out and Rambling

Our day at Ricket's Glen had to be cancelled. Bummer. A big cold front is moving in and bringing storms from today through the weekend. Everyone was a bit disappointed (me especially... I was looking forward to seeing this park) but we'll reschedule for another time. Instead, Tim took the kids (the oldest four) to see Cars. They were beside themselves and barely ate any lunch. I stayed home with Quin. Though I would have liked to gone, no one was available on such short notice to watch the baby and taking an infant to a theater is just something I won't do. We'll head to the library afterwards as the kids have been itching to go for two weeks since we missed our last trip there.

I'm sorting pictures still for my BPS class... totally loving it too. Our assignment this week is to find two of our categorized photos and make a connection that you wouldn't have been able to make if everything was chronological.
This is mine. Hannah and Jot both had the same injury at nearly the same age and honestly I do believe that both bandaides came out of the same box. The experience I had when Hannah had stitches directly led to Tim banishing me from the exam room when Jot had his. Stitches on the kids was worse than Jot's surgery for me. Eventually this will become a layout. For now, it's just one of many connections I made in categorizing my first 100 pictures for class. This is just an amazing class and I'm so impressed with Stacy's commitment to her students. She replies to emails quickly, is incredibly encouraging and open with her own struggles and ideas AND she has broken down into manageable sizes what took her years to put together on her own. This was definitely money well spent.

I tried to get some cool lightening pictures last night but we have too many trees to get a good view of the sky. Not complaining about the trees because I do love them, but I am eager to try to get some lightning shots too. If the expected storms are still around tonight, I think I'll try going out to the shed and seeing if I can get a better angle there.

No comments: