Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Mountains are Good

This is one of the best things about living in the mountains. I just adore the fawns at this time of year. Their little spots are too cute and if you've never seen a real live baby deer, go watch Disney's Bambie, because that is just how they behave. They bounce and bounce and bounce everywhere. Most does give birth to two fawns and I've decided it is so they have someone to chase besides their mother, because that is what they do. This one's little brother or sister was more shy and stayed back a bit when I got out my camera. The deer feeder that Tim and the kids made last fall has been great! I'll never get tired of seeing the deer :) I need to go dig up my picture of the eagle's nest too.... another very cool thing!

Here is the promised picture of Jot's room. The lighting makes it hard to tell the color, so you'll just have to take my word for it. It looks better! The baseboards will be done this weekend (hopefully) and then we'll do the big move.
We will be traveling to Ohio next weekend for Tim's niece's wedding. We're staying with my Dad and the kids are beyond excited to go. On the way back home, we'll stop and stay with Julie and Paul in Columbus. We'll take the kids to the waterpark and great fun will no doubt be had by all. I'm not looking forward to hours in the car with five kids, but I am looking forward to seeing my family again.



Lastly, I'll leave you with the picture of my beautiful cherry pie. I was quite proud of it, even if the crust didn't bake entirely :) It was mooshy, but still good. And with some ice cream, how can anything not be good?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma would be proud. Wish I could have a piece. We can't get sour pie cherries here.

Anonymous said...

Catching up on the happenings! The pie looks great, and so does the boys' room!