Friday, July 28, 2006

Our plans changed...

What a week. As you may have read below, we were to be on our way to Ohio today. However, as sometimes happens... our plans were changed. Monday evening the mother of a lady at church was found dead. She was only 51 and obviously, the family was quite shocked and surprised. This is the part where "the job" takes priority of necessity. Tim is doing the memorial service and burial today so we will leave tomorrow for Ohio. It means we will miss the wedding, which is a shame but under the circumstances, it is really unavoidable. We talked about driving part way tonight, getting a hotel and then finishing the drive tomorrow but there are several problems with that... 1. Tim won't be home until dinnertime, so we really couldn't get on the road until 6:30 or 7 tonight.... driving at night with the kids, we could only go three, maybe four hours... then spend a fortune for two hotel rooms (7 people can't stay in one room)... get up and rush out the door in order to make it in time to shower and leave for the wedding... it'd be crazy. I'd feel beyond stressed to get there in time and everyone would be miserable. So, we are not spending the money for the hotel (which we don't have anyway), not killing ourselves by packing for a hotel stay (which is more involved than packing to stay with my dad) taking a leisure drive tomorrow and not worrying about getting there. We'll get there after dinner tomorrow and call it good enough.
I have thus far today, finished the laundry and finished packing the kids things (with Hannah's help). My stuff is packed as well... mostly. I have cleaned the camera of pictures so I have fresh, empty cards to fill and charged batteries. I need to load and charge my iPod and print the bulletin for church on Sunday (Frank from Philly is teaching for Tim).
We plan to return late next Friday and I'm sure I'll have pictures and stories to share!

No comments: