Friday, September 22, 2006

I was editing some pictures...

It's Friday night which means my weekend officially has begun. Not that I'm too excited about it, 'cause I have a horrible cold. But, nonetheless, I don't have to teach school tomorrow and have hopes of getting some "non"school items knocked off my to-do list. That has me feeling pretty good. I spend an hour or so, unloading and manipulating pictures from August and thus far into September. I'm uploading to Winkflash as I type (gotta love multitasking :) ). This is one I took a few days ago on a rather warm afternoon (it's been in the 50s!). Would you believe this is the only one that came out where one of the kids isn't looking at themselves in the sliding glass door? Do we have vain children or what? *Ü*
It was library day today. Everyone picked out a few books and Hannah did some school work while there as well. She had some reference materials to look up in the various resources available... sort of a "get to know how your library works". I loved all the indexes and cross referencing; just hordes of information. I think I would love being a librarian. Not only would I get to be around books and information all day, but for the most part it would be quiet! Especially lately, that aspect is looking mighty good.
I actually scrapbooked a layout last night. It was the first one in over a month, if not more. This was for a ad challenge at LifetimeMoments. I like how it came out and it was nice to actually get something done after such a long time... I guess I didn't entirely forget how to scrap, eh? For some reason the scan is crooked, but you get the idea.
If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I (we actually, as everyone will help) plan to work in the yard getting things cleaned up before winter. I have more rocks to move and would like to get some more dug out from near the shed. I keep twisting my ankle on them as I take stuff to the compost bin. If anyone has a dumptruck full of topsoil handy, please send it our way. The mountain is in desperate need of dirt :) I'll gladly trade rocks for it. Maybe if we compost long enough, we'll make our own dirt?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the photo -- the kids look adorable. And, love the LO. Guess you still DO remember how to scrap! I wonder if I will, once I get back to it?