Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Wow... where did that month go?

No, I didn't fall off the planet.
Guess what? School started. And with it, nearly all of my time is spoken for... yes this is the life of a homeschooling mom. As we are settling into routines things will become easier, but this new year stuff is so tiring! By dinnertime, I'm exhausted and just want to sit and enjoy a good book. Which is exactly what I've been doing. I've not been online much at all and have scrapped next to nothing. That is, at times, depressing, but I know this is just a season and it will pass.
We finally made it to Rickett's Glen on the 1st. It was chilly, but we had a lovely afternoon with the Gauglers and the McAndrews. Hannah and I hiked the back mile or so of the Falls Trail and saw several of the many, many falls at the park. It really is a beautiful place!
I had a birthday (38) and we had an anniversary (17 years)... I don't really feel sad at getting older, but I do feel tired at the thought! Tim bought me a dozen roses for my b-day, and we went to a super, nice dinner on the Friday before our anniversary. Many people had recommended Terra Cottage, but we hadn't gone and decided to give a try. It's off of Lake Harmony just a few miles from us. The food was fabulous (I had lobster ravioli with skewered shrimp and Tim had Mountain Fillet... raw meat served on a hot stone... you cook it yourself as you eat it and wow, it was tender!) and the place was really nice. It is done is a Victorian style and was comfortable and fun. We will surely go back. It was Hannah's first try at babysitting in the evening... she did great and was paid nicely for it :)
So that is some of what I've been up to the last few weeks. Quin is working on teeth and has been up at night (another reason for me being worn out I think). Faith hurt herself this morning on the corner of her bedside table... cut open a big spot inside her mouth... but required no stitches (it'll grow back on it's own) and the dentist thinks her teeth will be fine too... that's a good thing. The others are all well. No complaints at this point :)

No comments: