Monday, March 12, 2007

Catching Up

I cannot believe that over a month has passed since my last post. Actually, with the way things have been going I think maybe I can. After looking at a calendar, we determined that, other than about 10 days, Quinton has been sick since Thanksgiving. He sees an ENT this Wednesday to discuss putting tubes in his ears. I'd like to wait to see if spring brings health to him, but on the other hand, I'm tired of him feeling bad. I'm sleep deprived and feeling overwhelmed with life lately, so perhaps my judgement is a bit skewed. I guess five kids do that to a person. Faith is currently recovering from a double ear infection and Tim and I both have horrible coughs that won't go away. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and Tim is going to Urgent Care in Philly. Hannah began coughing over the weekend, but so far Jot and Emma seem alright. It has been such a horrible winter for illness. That alone, makes me ready for spring.

Tim and I have discovered our library's A&E's Horatio Hornblower series... fabulous! I was literally on the edge of the couch. We've watched the first 3 of 4 from the first series. There are two more sets after this one, so we have several date nights worth of Horatio to watch.

Quinton celebrated his first birthday on the 2nd. He wasn't feeling very well, and therefore I have no good photos to post just yet. I hope to get some portrait type pictures after he is fully well again. Emma marked 7 years last Friday (the 9th). I have no pictures to share of her either, but that is because they are still on my camera. It's added to my ever-increasing to-do list.

Having the kids out the house has enabled me to reclaim some cleanliness, but the process is far from complete. Those of you familiar with Messies Anonymous will understand when I say that I am about 1/3 of the way through Mount Vernon-izing the house. I'm eager to tackle the kitchen, but am trying to keep that until last so as not to be discouraged.

Our taxes are complete and we try to patiently wait our refund. After much discussion and looking at some of Mary Hunt's recommendations, we will pay down some on the mortgage and spread some over the year to make up for the ridiculous school tax increase ($200+ a month) and use the remainder to replace the sliding doors upstairs. The cost of living here has increased so much in the last year. It's quite discouraging to not be able to just have the money to finish the house. I am trusting that patience will win out and all will be well. I'm thankful for the space we have here and I do like the house. It is the continual lesson that our lives are on God's schedule, not mine.

The book study went well last night. We are nearly finished with the book (Lies Women Believe) and many of the ladies have expressed how enjoyable and challenging the study has been. That is good to hear! We have a retreat opportunity this spring, but it looks like most of the ladies will wait for the one in the fall. I won't be going this spring either as the school play is that weekend. Of course I need to be there for Hannah's debue!

Well that is a quick update of life here. I will try to post some pictures soon and keep more "current" with things.

2 comments:

Becca L. said...

I hope Quinton is feeling better soon! How did he get to be a year?

EBBsMum said...

After digging through many of the 2000+ messages in my inbox, I found the note from you with your blog address! It's added to my new list on Google Reader, and I am subscribed, baby!

WAH!!! I missed Quin's 1st birthday! (And Emma's 7th and Faith's 4th). I'd better forget Jot's and Hannah's too, so I don't show any favortism. ;o)